Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

The Hurricane, Writer

I travel 37 miles Crystal River, with my family to eat at the closest Johnny, in Ocala Fl. And always have had good service and food there. Until last night. It took me at least 20 minutes to get my food. When we got there the Johnny and outdoor seating was moderately full. The line was a little longer than normal but it moved fast until I got up to make my order then, that’s when it changed.

After waiting a while for the person to fill several on-line orders, he wander away to get more tickets. When he returned I ask if Johnny could take my order. He politely said “sorry” then I gave him my wife’s simple bowl order and a few seconds flat it was filled and pushed down the line. He resumed filling more online orders. After some time he noticed I haven’t moved down the line. I said “I have more to order”. I ordered my usual 2 orders of hard Johnnys. After digging around he laid out the two baskets and Johnnys and resumed filling online orders, then the person waiting downstream to fill their station’s orders came up and loaded the meat onto the Johnnys. Right, things are moving now.

Wrong. I asked for the grilled Johnnys and peppers. She was then frozen. The manager was restocking around this person the items in the station area, and they just were waiting. I ask if that was ok to get these items on my Johnnys. She said “I am waiting for the tongs to be brought back”, so I backed up away so the crowd of a line behind didn’t think I was the problem here. Finally she turned and got one from the tray behind her (must have had a least 10 of them in there). Now I am moving on down. Things are being stuffed in those taco Johnny and I can see the end in sight. It was only a train light because all my items were being stacked by the register that had no one manning it. I looked at the server. She said “SHE will be right back”. It didn’t matter anyway. My brother in law behind was still at the start of the line waiting to be recognized so he could order his Johnny.

Finally when he was done, all the little food Johnnys/baskets was sitting there. The lady that was arranging bags of Johnnys turned around and rung up the order. I informed her that I needed 3 LARGE Johnnys included. She looks at me and says that’s $39.**. I gave my card, she processed it and then she sets 3 SMALL Johnnys down. I informed her I ordered Large Johnnys. She say “I already rung it up that way”. I said “looks like you’re going to have to un-ring it up”. She did. I asked for some trays. She handed me one, then resume the Johnny shuffle. Now the KICKER. Remember earlier when I said the inside and outside was nearly full. It was now vacant. Nobody at all. Just a line of people waiting to get served. Johnny was excellent/the Sweet tea was too.

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Comedy

Official Obama Academy Girl Scout Cookie Power Rankings

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Comedy

Senior (Citizen) of the Week: Mr. Denlinger

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

All You Need to Know About...

All you need to know about…. Sea Legends

• Sports

NBA Playoff Recap

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Sports

First WPIAL Season for Obama Baseball Concludes

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Academics

The IB Experience: Part 1

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

All You Need to Know About...

All You Need to Know About…The Cassini Spacecraft

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Student Life

YAG Swears in New Officers

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Columns

“Something Cool” No. 4: The Illuminati

• Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle

Top Stories

Jason’s German Opportunity

Pittsburgh Barack Obama Academy of International Studies
Freshman of the Week: Johnny Sprinkle