March For Our Lives PGH to DC: How to Get Involved

March For Our Lives PGH to DC cover photo

Sam Bisno, Editor-in-Chief

In the wake of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting last month, in which 17 students and faculty lost their lives after a 19-year-old by the name of Nikolas Cruz entered the building with an AR-15 and proceeded to fire at will, attendees of the school will on March 24 storm Washington, D.C. to demand gun reform from representatives in Congress as part of an event entitled the “March For Our Lives”.

But they will not be alone. Students from all over the country have organized around the day of action and will follow suit in converging on the capital. And you could be one of them. For Obama kids, the protest is taking place the day after spring break begins, and what better way to kick off your vacation than advocating for the safety of yourself and your peers? The “March For Our Lives PGH to DC” is planning on sending at least one bus of teenagers to join in the rally, and spots are filling up quickly.

To register, you can visit the program’s Facebook page here. If you can’t sacrifice a Saturday, but you’d still like to support the cause, you can donate here. And even if you don’t click on either of those links, be sure to participate in the school-wide 17-minute walkout happening this Wednesday. The Eagle will be covering the occasion, complete with interviews, photographs, and firsthand accounts.