The road to redemption: Forte’s 3-pointer with two seconds left sinks Butler in state playoffs

Markia Freeman, The Eagle Staff Reporter

On Tuesday night at Butler Area High School, coach Reid led his team to their first state basketball game of this season against the Butler Tornadoes. This game came after the big loss the guys took from the Allderdice Dragons in the City Championship.

This game was sure not to be a reflection of the previous.  The guys came out of the locker room with high spirits and hopes of taking back a win. The Eagles started with a nice lead, but it was soon a tied game. The highest lead throughout the game was only 4 points. This was one heck of a game, and after every point made by the Eagles the Tornadoes responded putting points up on the board.

The Tornadoes thought they had this in the bag, as they had home court advantage but little did they know the Eagles did not come this far to leave without a victory.

In the last 30 seconds of the game the ball was in the hands of Dante Forte, who was letting the clock run out as much as he could before shooting the magnificent 3 pointer that left the game at a score of 56-54 Obama. Maybe it wasn’t a huge win but it was a hard fought win. The Butler Tornadoes were a worthy opponent, but will go down as the first victim of Obama in a state playoff game.