Senior of the Week: Hazel Rouse

Senior of the Week: Hazel Rouse

Senior Hazel Rouse

Senior Hazel Rouse

Senior Hazel Rouse

Senior Hazel Rouse

Amila Niksic, Writer

The Eagle is proud to present, as this week’s Senior of the Week, one of our 2018 valedictorians, Hazel Rouse. Hazel is very involved in the arts and their many accolades include being an  advanced photographer at MCG (Manchester Craftsman Guild), and a published poet (Large Print Teen Literary Journal). Hazel is also the co-president of the GSA (Gender-Sexuality Alliance).

What is your favorite memory of Obama?

Probably the first senior prank I saw when they pulled all the chairs out into the hallway and everyone just went around them. It really just exemplified the failure of senior pranks at this school; they don’t work out.

What will you miss the most?

I will miss the videos of the fights, or just the videos of kids doing weird stuff.

Would you recommend Obama to incoming students?

I would recommend it to a very specific group of students. If you want the very traditional high school experience go to Dice, but if you already know what you want to do with your future and don’t want to have fun in class, come to Obama.

What is one thing you would like to see changed about our school?

I think I would like to see a lot more tolerance of various communities. Both in the student population as well as in the faculty. A lot of the black kids are really homophobic, and nobody talks about it, except for me.

What is something you’d like to do in your free time?

Do I have free time? I like to do photography, and write poetry, but in my very limited free time that I currently have I mostly watch Netflix.

What’s your favorite show at the moment?

Right now I am watching The Originals and I love Jane the Virgin, I’ve been crying for a month and a half because of that.  

What’s your favorite store?

My favorite store is probably Aerie because it’s just so cute! Aerie is my aesthetic, actually.

What is your favorite food?

My favorite food is pasta. My senior quote is actually about pasta, that is how much I love pasta. I also love potatoes, I’m Irish so I love potatoes.  I love meatballs, feel free to make fun of me for the fact that I love meatballs. I am a carnivore.

What is something you’d like to accomplish in life?  (it can be anything)

I would like to financially stable with a really supportive and beautiful wife, and two cats.

Who is your favorite teacher?

I feel like it’s a tie between Naveh, my buddy Roa, shoutout to Roa, and Denlinger is a cool guy, I like Denlinger.

Any shoutouts or last words?

Shoutout to every meme that has given me quality jokes that no one over 25 understands, and shout out to Obama for making my anxiety and depression so much worse that it was actually diagnosed.